Friday 7 June 2013

Self Portrait Assignment

My Self Portrait project. 
This is my final project. Its in the process. the main idea of my project was to put all my likes and interests into a imagination bubble. 

I'm done the most important part, now I'm in the process of making the drawing of me, look like me. besides that, I'm stuck on what to do. 

I don't know what to make the background of the imagination bubble or the background behind the imagination bubble and me, I'm not sure if i should paint, use pencil crayon, or anything because the texture of the canvas would make it very hard for me. 

I need some feedback from someone!!! :) Feel free to shoot any ideas at me ! 

3 comments:

  1. Savana, you're off to a good start. I think it might help if you took some time to do media studies (experiments with a few materials that you're curious about). I'll be sure to share the link to this post, and maybe you can get some suggestions &/or feedback.

    By the way, I really appreciate how your images are connected to your ideas in previous posts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savana,

    First, I like the butterfly and how it is outside the bubble. As for the bubble and background, my first thought would be to have the background dark so that the buble stands out against the dark background. However, I recently had a stundet create a journal page in a similar fashion only she had the bubble itself dark. You might think this would make it heavy but it works in her image. Another thing she did that I thought worked was she did it as a collage. So another media choice you might consider?? Here is a link to a photo of her page --> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l7V4EAADQhs/UbBu-Lyu9iI/AAAAAAAAKrc/yxpuflxYh7o/s1600/9.JPG

    good luck!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really great start. I like that you used a bubble to show your likes. Its an interesting was of getting a canvas to 'talk' to the audience.

    I also struggle when it comes to publishing. I never know what media to use so understanding your dilemma. My wife did a canvas the other day and added either glue, tissue paper or sand to the paint. This created a great texture to the painting. I imagine your cloud or background with texture. However having texture would make some of the detailing in your bubble harder to execute.

    I look forward to seeing the end product.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete